WG8 - Sustainability (SUST)
In a context where natural resources are limited, the objective of this working group is to examine the environmental impacts of our activities, and to search for alternative, less damaging, ways of working. We aim at sharing information that empowers our community to make adequate choices to progressively reduce its carbon footprint and environmental impact.
- Examine the environmental impacts of our activities
- Increase community awareness of the finite natural resources of our planet
- Search for alternative, less damaging, ways of working
- Help us to make adequate choices to reduce our carbon footprint and environmental impact.
- Set up regular webinars on these issues
- Organise a workshop on the day before the ESWW : «Can space activities be made sustainable ?»
- Propose a plenary session during ESWW 2023: P01 - Pathways to Sustainable Space Weather and Space Climate Activities
- Propose a topical discussion meeting during ESWW 2023
- And more to come !
- Chair: Thierry Dudok de Wit (University of Orléans & ISSI, Bern)
- Co-Chair: Sophie Chabanski (Royal Belgian Institute for Space Aeronomy)
- David Berghmans (STCE- SIDC Royal Observatory of Belgium)
- Denis Bosquet (AXA XL)
- Maxime Grandin (University of Helsinki, Finland)
- Rui Pinto (IRAP, U. Toulouse)
- Aurélie Marchaudon (IRAP/OMP (CNRS, CNES, UT3))
- Luciano Rodriguez (STCE- SIDC Royal Observatory of Belgium)
- Veronique Delouille (STCE- SIDC Royal Observatory of Belgium)
- Rico Behlke (Kongsberg Satellite Services AS)