- What data do we collect ?
- How do we collect your data ?
- How will we use your data ?
- How do we store your data ?
- What are your data protection rights ?
- What are cookies ?
- What types of cookies do we use ?
- How to manage your cookies ?
- Privacy policies of other websites
- How to contact us
- How to contact the appropriate authorities
What data do we collect ?
E-SWAN collects the following data:
- First Name
- Last Name
- Email address
- Country of affiliation (or in the case of self-representation, country of residence)
- A short description of Space Weather and/or Space Climate related activities
How do we collect your data ?
You either directly provide your data when filling in the E-SWAN membership registration form.E-SWAN may also receive your data indirectly from the following sources:
- ESWW Programme Committee: If you participate to the ESWW you can accept to become an E-SWAN member in which case your personal data will be transferred by the ESWW Programme Committeee to E-SWAN.
How will we use your data ?
E-SWAN collects your data so that we can :
- Invite you to E-SWAN meetings and activities
- Send you voting form to participate to any vote organized by E-SWAN
- Email you with announcements related to the activities of E-SWAN
- Email you with reminders concerning your membership renewal
- Process your membership status.
- Evaluate your eligibility to the different roles in E-SWAN
E-SWAN can share your data with its different committees so that they may inform you of their activities.
- Awards Committee
- Publication Committe
- European Space Weather Week Progam Committee
When E-SWAN processes your membership payment, it may send your data to, and also use the resulting information from, credit reference agencies to prevent fraudulent purchases.
How do we store your data ?
E-SWAN securely stores your data at aeronomie.be server.
E-SWAN will keep your data for two years after the end of your membership. Once this time period has expired, we will delete your data.
What are your data protection rights ?
E-SWAN would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every member is entitled to the following:
The right to access – You have the right to request E-SWAN for copies of your personal data.
The right to rectification – You have the right to request that E-SWAN correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request E-SWAN to complete the information you believe is incomplete.
The right to erasure – You have the right to request that E-SWAN erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to E-SWAN’s processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at our email:
Privacy policies of other websites
How to contact us
How to contact the appropriate authority
Should you wish to report a complaint or if you feel that E-SWAN has not addressed your concern in a satisfactory manner, you may contact the Information Commissioner’s Office.
March 25, 2022